Professional Songwriter for Sony Music Publishing, Ninja Tune, and EMI PM. Songs featured in Kevin Hart's "Zero F***s Given" on Netflix, Hulu's " Little Fires Everywhere," All American, The Rookie on ABC, Step Up: High Water, Vinyl Destination w/ DJ Jazzy Jeff, FOX Sports, UFC, and many more.
- Industry Standard Vocals for demo purposes and commercial releases.
- Topline Lyric Writing (specializing in Hip-Hop/Rap)
- Cowriting and Lyric Editing (if you already have lyrics but want to fine tune them)
- Theme Songs for Small Business, Podcast, YouTube/Twitch Channel, etc.
- Radio Drops/Vocal Tags
- Songwriting for Sync/TV (please specify upfront if this is what you're working on)
- Studio Sessions in the Atlanta area can be arranged (contact for pricing).
Terms of Service:
- Contact me with your project ideas. Please be as detailed and concise as possible so that I can clearly understand exactly what you're looking for and deliver to your liking.
- Send me the instrumental. I will write & record a demo, then send a rough mix for you to review.
- Delivery within 5-7 business days, if not sooner.
- 1 FREE Revision. (Additional Revisions: $25)
- Once final revisions are accepted, I will deliver final demo mix along with raw/unprocessed vocals.
- Guest Features: I must be a credited feature as "J Nolan." This does not apply to Topline Writing or Songwriting, only Features.
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.
6 Reviews - 2 Repeat ClientsEndorse J Nolan
Good rapper, quick turnaround.
Thanks again J. for coming thru helping me take my song to the next level and look forward to working with you again in the future
Another great experience working with J appreciate the help
J Nolan's artistry, professionalism, and delivery on all fronts is simply impeccable. I get one-of-a-kind performances from him time and time again 💯
Great first time experience working with J. Nolan, go good communication, fast delivery and look forward to working with J again in the future
J was super adept at sticking to the script while simultaneously carving his own lane within the song. Timely, professional, and creative. He's undoubtedly an asset to the Soundbetter community.
Interview with J Nolan
Q: What's the biggest misconception about what you do?
A: That it's easy or that songwriters are interchangeable. We all have unique skill sets.
Q: What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A: Be DETAILED about what it is you need. I'd rather have too much information than not enough.
Q: What was your career path? How long have you been doing this?
A: I've been doing music about 15 years. I started in high school. The first 10 years, I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going. Just recently started finding my groove and getting very involved with the business of music to build my own company.
Q: What type of music do you usually work on?
Q: What do you bring to a song?
A: Passion, detailed lyrics, heartfelt storytelling.
Q: What's your typical work process?
A: I like to be one with the music, so I play the beat 2 or 3 times just to play with patterns or melodies that feel good. From there, I'll begin building lyrics. Sometimes I'll start recording as I write the song.
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: Sony VAIO, Audio Technica 2020+, Adobe Audition
Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?
A: Ryan Leslie, Mickey Shiloh, Breana Marin - business minded musicians that have turned their talents into self sustained careers.
Q: Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.
A: Songwriting, toplining, and guest features.