I love technology and music. A degree in Electronics Engineering From Thapar University, Patiala and another one in Audio Engineering from SAE, Oxford UK compile my academics. Specialities: Audio Production, Sound Designing, Music Composition, Deejaying, Management, Team building and collab, research.
• Create and modulate pre conceived or self recorded sounds.
• Use of virtual synthesizers on DAWs Logic X and Pro Tools and implement these sounds to motion graphics and films.
• Audio Mix-down of scenes
• Location Recording
• Engineer/producer music and sound design for independent filmmakers on many diverse projects.
• Engineer the recording sessions and mix- down of music bands and/or independent singers.
• Have a trained ear for critical listening and identifying frequencies.
• Being a proactive learner, I can adapt to new situations very quickly.
Familiar with the following mixing desks and their workflow:
• Neve Genesis
• TLA VTC
• SSL AWS 948
• Digidesign ICON
• Digidesign Venue SC 48 (Live Sound)
• Soundcraft GB8 (Live Sound)
• Mackie CFX 20 MK2 Key Skills
• Experienced in the installation of audio equipment such as microphones, loudspeakers, amplifiers and channel soundboards.
• Skilled in producing the highest quality sound during studio recordings and live performances.
• Complete knowledge of audio engineering and signal processing.
• Familiar with audio signal flow and other multimedia parameters.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and leadership qualities.
Click the 'Contact' above to get in touch. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Interview with Samar "Chryses" Benipal
Q: If you were on a desert island and could take just 5 pieces of gear, what would they be?
A: 1. Macbook Pro 15" 16gb Ram and 512gb Solid State Drive 2. Maschine Studio, 3. Beyerdynamics DT 990 4. Novation Launchkey 49 5. Solar Cell
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: Macbook Pro 15" 16gb Ram and 512gb Solid State Drive, Maschine Studio, Beyerdynamics DT 770 and Pioneer HDJ 2000 Headphones, M Audio Monitors, Novation Launchkey MK2, Pioneer DDJ-SX Controller.
Q: Tell us about a project you worked on you are especially proud of and why. What was your role?
A: I did the entire foley, sound design and mix down for Static Airwaves' short "Mother No More" and it got accepted at Cannes Film Festival. Earned me my second IMDB credit.
Q: What are you working on at the moment?
A: An original trance production. Might perhaps just be an idea of combining Hip-Hop and trance to see what comes out.
Q: Analog or digital and why?
A: Both. Analog sounds better but digital is catching up and makes certain jobs quicker to get around. I worked on a Neve Genesis mixing desk and it is a hybrid and I swear I love it to this day.
Q: What's your 'promise' to your clients?
A: I never miss my deadline.
Q: What do you like most about your job?
A: The feeling of exploring my mind for new possibilities.
Q: What was your career path? How long have you been doing this?
A: I was an electronics engineer but I took up a job as a DJ. From there on I pursued a degree in audio production and engineering and I have been doing this for five years now.
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: Experimental, cross genre mashups.
Q: Which artist would you like to work with and why?
A: Armin Van Buuren. He is my biggest inspiration to take up music after I completed my first degree in Electronics.
Q: Can you share one music production tip?
A: Go easy on the compression with certain genres of music and let the dynamics of the track breathe a bit more freely.
Q: What type of music do you usually work on?
A: Any kind of music that catches my attention.
Q: What's your strongest skill?
Q: Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.
A: Mostly I do editing work for my clients as so far I have mostly come across these requirements. On other occasions I do sound designing for a couple of indie film-makers and designers.