Classically trained vocalist and recording artist from the Eastman School of Music. Specializing in indie folk, indie pop, classical crossover, jazz, and lofi. Let's make your musical dream a reality!
I have 10+ years professional experience as a classical vocalist and singer-songwriter, having sung in opera houses and concert halls across the US and Europe. I enjoy writing lyrics and melodies in indie folk, indie pop, pop, lofi, and singer-songwriter styles.
- Lyric writing
- Top line melody writing
- Lead vox
- Adlib vox
Let's break these down:
- Please provide: the instrumental track I will be writing lyrics for, reference tracks, and any conceptual ideas you may have
- I will provide: rough draft, revised final draft
Top Line melody writing:
- Please provide: the instrumental track I will be writing the top line melody for, reference tracks, and any prewritten lyrics or conceptual ideas you may have
- I will provide: rough draft voice memo, revised voice memo, final draft
- Please provide an instrumental track for me to record to, along with vocal reference tracks for the style you're going for
- I will provide: rough draft voice memo, revised voice memo, final draft .wav file(s)
- For lead vox: I provide 2 final draft files to edit, mix and match as you desire. I'll provide more final versions for an additional fee.
- Final drafts are sent 3-5 days after final revisions are settled
- My name "Sally Louise" may not be used as a feature without permission
Send me an email through 'Contact' button above and I'll get back to you asap.
4 Reviews - 1 Repeat ClientEndorse Sally Louise
Sally did a great job adding lead vocal and harmonies to my song. She captured the feeling I was looking for perfectly. Highly recommend!
Great voice, creative writing, quick and most importantly, on point! I especially appreciated the back and forth to hear her opinion and unite it with my own, to create something better than I would have been able to do by myself.
It was an excellent project and Sally was absolutely wonderful. Thank you Sally!
Sally was wonderful to work with, she's talented, professional and thorough. I highly recommend :)
Sally did an awesome job adding harmony vocals to my song! She is super professional and had quick turn around. The tracks sounded really nice, sally has a lovely voice and knows how to blend it in different contexts
Interview with Sally Louise
Q: What are you working on at the moment?
A: I'm currently writing lyrics and recording vocals for an indie pop/rock album for an artist based in Berlin.
Q: What questions do you ask prospective clients?
A: 1. Do you have an instrumental track that needs vocals? 2. Do you have a specific lyrical idea, mood, or narrative you'd like described in the lyrics? 3. Do you have any reference tracks?
Q: What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A: Make sure your song has a distinct form! You will get a higher quality song if you have give your songwriter a song with distinct verses, choruses, pre chorus, and/or bridge sections.
Q: What was your career path? How long have you been doing this?
A: I started my music career as an opera singer, which I pursued for a decade. I've always done songwriting, but it wasn't until the beginning of the pandemic that I changed my career path and began recording and performing my music full-time. Since then, I've written, arranged, and recorded a full-length album, and many singles for other artists.
Q: What type of music do you usually work on?
A: My clients tend to ask me to sing on their lofi, indie pop, and indie folk tracks.
Q: What's your strongest skill?
A: My vocals are my strongest skill. I bring inventive melodies, a clear, bright sound the likes of Joni Mitchell, and tight vocal harmonies.
Q: What do you bring to a song?
A: I bring healthy, crystalline vocals that can distort, ring, be breathy, or do whatever your ears desire to bring out the best in your song.
Q: What's your typical work process?
A: Lyrics come first always! Whether I'm writing them or they're provided for me, I take time to understand and get to know them so they feel settled in my body. Then singing is a breeze!
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: My studio is portable so I can take it with me wherever I go. It consists of my laptop, external hard drive, Focusrite, mic stand and Avantone CK6 (my fave all-around microphone), and pop filter.