Theatrical, emotions driven, story-telling production
After 6 years collaborating with fellow artists and writing & producing for their own pop-rock group, I have found a calling in helping other artists develop their ideas. Working from my 2-room home studio in Austin, TX, I use a variety of instruments and skills to write and record music that is immersive and alive.
I can provide high quality original compositions with the following available:
- Piano (digital or acoustic upright)
- Guitar (electric, acoustic, and bass)
- Drums (acoustic and drum machine)
- Vocals (I specialize harmony stacking)
- Synth (I use Arturia's V Collection of vintage and contemporary synths)
Things I can do for you:
- Polish/refine your song idea/demo to be as powerful/impactful as it deserves to be
- Write top line and instrumental melodies
- Clean up and produce vocal tracks (tuning with Melodyne, effects with Vocalsynth 2 & Little AlterBoy)
- Turn your idea into something that would sound slammin in a Spotify-curated playlist. I use Logic Pro X, an Apollo Twin X, and industry standard UAD plug-ins, u audio nerds know what's up :)
I also have plenty of references if your project needs instruments or something I can't provide, so there is nothing stopping us from seeing the vision through!
Contact me and show me your idea!
Would love to hear from you. Click the contact button above to get in touch.
ReviewsEndorse JC Barrett
Interview with JC Barrett
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: First I imagine a scene, kind of like a movie scene but more like I'm reading a book and am seeing the story play out in my mind's eye. I describe the scene with poetry and score it with music. Also sometimes I just screw around and see what happens, depends on the vibe!
Q: Can you share one music production tip?
A: Record everything!!!
Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?
A: Mike Crossey is a Producer and Mixing Engineer who has consistently pumped out the most bangin tunes. Jack Antonoff is also someone I definitely look up to a lot.