Production, mixing and mastering services worldwide via Internet. Full-time composer / music producer since 1989. I have writen music for symphony orchestra, theatre, TV and film and different genres of pop and rock music. I am a very down to earth person and my response time is fast. I will make sure that you are satisfied with final product.
I can produce and compose original tracks for you from scratch or work in collaboration to make competitive and original sounding music .I can work as Producer or do composition, sound design, arrangement, orchestration, editing, recording, mixing, and mastering.
I like working on many different genres because all productions are fun for different reasons and it keeps things interesting. I have very long experience composing and producing records with artists and bands.
I love my work.
Thank you for checking out my SoundBetter page.
Contact me through the green button above and let's get to work.
- Black Sleep - The Whales Of The Grey Sea
- Joona Lukala - Other Side
- Mansion - The Mansion Congregation Hymns Vol. 1
- Kauko Röyhkä - Etelän Peto
- March 15 - Our Love Becomes A Funeral Pyre
- Apples Of Idun - Pinch
- Apples Of Idun - Disaster Art
- Apples Of Idun - Polyfonia
- Apples Of Idun - While The Night Is A Shade
- Pentagram - Live Rites
- Mansion - We Shall Live
- The Exploding Eyes Orchestra - I
- Crystal Ecstasy* - Part Of This Secret Dream
- Sarcofagus - Envoy Of Death
- Sela - Songs For The Blind
- Bee Queen - Burn The Street Volume Three
- Callisto (4) - Jemima / Klimenko
- Kosmos (7) - Tarinoita Voimasta
- Ablaze In Hatred - Closure Of Life
- Apples Of Idun - Widow
- Ablaze In Hatred - Deceptive Awareness
- Reverend Bizarre - III - So Long Suckers
- Kosmos (7) - Polku
- Deathbed / Kolt - Deathbed Vs. Kol
- Kehä 4 - Viileää valoa
- Unkind - Hangen Syliin
- Airut - Langennut
- Virulent Blessing - ...As Creativity Turns Into Lunacy
- Johnny Superhero - Choices
- Gladenfold - Time Of Departure
- Liittovaltio - Rakkauden Valtakunta
- Devillac - Three Hours To Coma
- SpiritusAndAsper* - Passion
- Lord Vicar - Fear No Pain
- Nomans Land - Farnord
- Death With A Dagger - Dark Alleys
- Beherit - Engram
- Ablaze In Hatred - The Quietude Plains
- Punainen Lanka (2) - Punainen Lanka
- Kiveskives - Painottomassa Tilassa
- Black Totem - I Brought You Back
- Itkevä Tyttö - Elämäni Mykkäelokuvassa
- The Return Of The Sorcerer Orne / Blizaro - The Return Of The Sorcerer / One Step Into Oblivion
- Maakuntaradio - Ehkä Huomenna Kaikki On Toisin
- Death With A Dagger / Speedtrap - Death With A Dagger / Speedtrap
- The Gathering - Mandylion
- The Gathering - Nighttime Birds
- Rippikoulu - Musta Seremonia
- Katatonia - Dance Of December Souls
- Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent
- Kirahvi nimeltä Tuike - Lehtipeitteen Suojelijat
- E-Musikgruppe Lux Ohr - Live At Sibelius Museum
- Frostbitten Kingdom - Infidel Angel
- Sáwol - Through Soil And Skin
- Pentagram - Sub-Basement
- Death With A Dagger - On The Edge Of The Unknown
- Lord Vicar / Funeral Circle - Lord Vicar / Funeral Circle
- Axegrinder - The Rise Of The Serpent Men
- Pentagram - Review Your Choices
- Katatonia - Discouraged Ones
- Beherit - At The Devil's Studio 1990
- My Dying Bride - 34.788%... Complete
- Orne - The Tree Of Life
- Darkwoods My Betrothed - Heirs Of The Northstar
- Kimmo Kuusniemi Band - Moottorilinnut
- Nightsatan - Midnight Laser Warrior
- Pentagram - Show 'Em How
- Unkind - Harhakuvat
- Sólstafir - Köld
- J.Kiesi* - Kaupungista Kaupunkiin
- The Subvulture - Ambition
- Axegressor - Next
- Lord Vicar / Griftegård - Do You Believe? / A Deathbed For All Holy
- Deuteronomium - Deathbed Poetry - Hope Against Hope
- Esoteric (3) - Paragon Of Dissonance
- Mirel Wagner - Mirel Wagner
- Bedemon - Symphony Of Shadows
- Mana Mana - Murheen Laakso
- The Gathering - How To Measure A Planet?
- Legend (22) - Death In The Nursery
- The Gathering - If_then_else
- Candlemass - Ancient Dreams
- Anathema - Eternity
- Liikkuva Laulureppu - Hattaroita Ja Hernesoppaa
- Niklas Nybom - TraFika (Original Music Score)
- Eetu Moisio - "Kävelymatkan Päässä" Soundtrack
- Ylivallan Orjat - Ylivallan Orjat
- Sircuscus - Traumambo
- Super Sport - Puncture Repair Kit
- God Given Ass - I'm Better Than You
- Project Silence - 424
- Half Apple - Hands That Held Up The Sky
- Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus Live At Roadburn 2011
- Orne - The Conjuration By The Fire
- Paavoharju - Joko Sinä Tulet Tänne Alas Tai Minä Nousen Sinne
- Unkind - Pelon Juuret
- Blues Section - Blues Section
- Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Jarmo - EP
- Project Silence - One Way To Hell
- Kolmas Ilmestys! - Kolmas Ilmestys!
- Big Daddy & Rockin Combo - Don't Throw Me Out
- Hulda Huima - Hulluus
- Vallan Varjot - Vallan Varjot
- Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Coffee Not Tea
- Be Good And Be Kind and 1 more… Brutus (10) - Personal Riot / Be Good And Be Kind (7")
- Nancy (25) - Seas Surrounding
- Wigwam (3) - Tombstone Valentine
- Rytmihäiriö - Todellisuuden Mestari
- Kari Peitsamo & Ankkuli - Jatsin Syvin Olemus
- Maarit - Maarit
- Rytmihäiriö - Saatana On Herra
- Katujen Äänet / Kaupungin Valot / Lähtevät Kaukojunat / Nuoret Sankarit - Eilinen On Tänään
- Wigwam (3) - Fairyport
- Woland (4) - Hyperion
- Wigwam (3) - Being
- Babylon Whores - Pride Of The Damned
- Opium Warlords - Taste My Sword Of Understanding
- Kolmas Ilmestys! - Päivänpolttaja
- Wigwam (3) - Hard N' Horny
- Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät - Oma Rauha
- Have You Ever Seen The Jane Fonda Aerobic VHS? - Teenage Sweetheart
- Witches Of God - The Blood Of Others
- Witches Of God - They Came To Kill
- Bedemon-Symphony of Shadows
- Beherit-At the Devil's Studio 1990
- Blind Stare-Symphony of Delusions
- Blind Stare-The Dividing Line
- Clayskin-Day of Silence
- Darkwoods My Betrothed-Heirs of the Northstar
54 Reviews - 4 Repeat ClientsEndorse Joona Lukala
Joona did such an amazing job! I asked him to arrange and orchestrate a song for me and it turned out perfect! Absolutely stunning work! He listened to all my requests and really understood the sound of what I was looking for. He’s very talented, professional, and easy to work work. I look forward to working with him again!
It was such a wonderful experience to work with Joona from start to finish! To begin, he created a stunning musical track from my demo. And from there, he was so attentive to my specific notes, that I ended up with what I consider to be my most perfected track so far in this project. I am thrilled and have several more songs in mind for Joona!
Joona does an amazing job on all kinds of tracks. He delivers polished clean mixes in a short amount of time! Great to work with as well, very prompt and timely in responses etc.
Joona is an awesome engineer. I had an EP mixed by him and he polished the tracks up to perfection! It sounded like a whole new project after he was done
It was an interesting journey with Joona! I was very strict and severe about the sound I'd like to have and Joona made it the best way. Professionalism, quick turnarounds, explanations and kindness are the top qualities of Joona that will definitely lead to the desired outcome! The EP he helped me with is already scheduled for released and I can't wait to hear my audience reaction cause it sounds amazing.
Highly recommend! Slava Ukraine!
Joona succeeded to make our songs sound strong, forward, with a lot of energy. On the same level as the bands that influenced us sound. The work was executed with mastery. I really look forward to working with him again.
Mastered my band's 10 song album and made it sound great! Quick and easy to work with!
Working with Joona was a dream experience. Streamlined and stress free, Joona worked quickly and concisely, taking my requests on board with super speedy turnarounds on my revisions. Joon is a great communicator who treats his clients very well, nothing is too much trouble.
Highly recommended and would certainly work with him again.
A very good listener and an awesome turnaround.
So great to work with.
Thank you Joona !
Joona has been a big anchor in my song. He has been very supportive, very talented, very friendly,always responds and very patient.
This guy is very creative, professional and patient, I love working with him!
The editing job was done excellently and would highly recommend!
Awesome experince.Joona Lukala gets the job done. He listens to instructions and comes up with the best solutions. I understand his services are obviously on demand but half a year went by fast. Good things come to those who wait. If I have projects that are not super urgent, I will definitely come back for more. Highly recommended.
Joona provided multiple orchestral tracks to complement my piano instrumental, and with his mastering of the song, I now have a beautiful instrumental for sync licensing opportunities!
Joona did an amazing job on my song. Added a lot of production, and did a great mix as well. He was willing to listen to and implement my points of feedback as well, and I definitely hope to work with him again
Joona has done a fabulous work and captured the idea I had in mind since minute one. I am looking forward to presenting the song soon. Thank you, Joona.
Amazing talent ! Joona is a world-class producer! Highly recommend him, also is a hell of a nice guy....
It really was quite a pleasure working with Joona. He pays attention to details and listens to suggestions. The sounds are fresh. Well executed. Mission accomplished. Highly recommended. On to the next one.
I adore Joona! I really love collaborating with him and love the talent and energy he brings to the songs too. He is always a pleasure to work with. I look forward to creating more with him in the future!
Interview with Joona Lukala
Q: What are you working on at the moment?
A: Mixing and mastering several albums and working in collaboration with visual artist, we are making commissioned art project.
Q: Is there anyone on SoundBetter you know and would recommend to your clients?
A: Song writing team is doing great work, you should check them up
Q: Analog or digital and why?
A: I like both.Depends on the vibe and sound of the production and how artist want to work. Usually digital makes the most sense because tight schedule and total recall ability. Analog tools has different sound compared to digital. You can choose to use analog synths or tape machines for their sound in just some stages of production. I think variety makes music more interesting and thats the reason many are using sampled drums with acoustic drums or digital and analog synths mixed together. Same way you can use digital recording and mixing with for example analog tape mastering. They are just tools. People who use them are more important.
Q: What do you like most about your job?
A: I love my job. I can be creative and learn new things every day and work in collaboration with inspiring and talented people.
Q: What's the biggest misconception about what you do?
A: I try to explain what I do and what is production process to client before we start to do collaboration that there is no misconceptions.
Q: What questions do you ask prospective clients?
A: I need to know what goals and expectations you have. What is schedule and deadline for production. I will ask you about your musical background and your influences and if you have some records that you think are a good reference for me to listen. I will also ask you about the emotion, concept and vision that you have for the production. It will be important for me to also know your personal preferences for the process and how you would like to work.
Q: What advice do you have for a customer looking to hire a provider like you?
A: Please contact me and lets talk about your goals and expectations. I am easygoing and down to earth person. I have very long experience working with artists and bands and I can usually very fast know if there is something I can help you with in your production.
Q: What was your career path? How long have you been doing this?
A: Started playing guitar and recording with 4 track cassette recorder at age of 10. First paid composition work 1989 for theatre production. I have worked since full time composer and music producer. I have recorded, mixed and mastered a lot of bands and artists locally and via internet. I have composed music for Symphony orchestra,theatre productions,TV and film and art projects.
Q: How would you describe your style?
A: It depends if I am writing music myself or doing artists record. I always try to remember that its artists/bands record and I am only helping them as producer to make their production.
Q: Tell us about your studio setup.
A: I have very good sounding control room and 150m2 recording room. Monitoring is custom soffit mounted Aura-audio speakers and small Auratone 5c monitors. Protools 11 and Cubase 8.5 daw with a lot of plugins and virtual instruments. Avid HD native sound card with 40 inputs, Lavry DA converters.Toft audio 24 track mixing desk and 2" Otari 24 track reel recorder. 2 Studer A80 master tape recorders ,Eurorack modular, Mac pro with 12 cores and 96 GB ram
Q: Describe the most common type of work you do for your clients.
A: It varies a lot depending what production needs. It can be composing original music or help artist/band to make interesting and competitive sounding music. I do a lot of mixing and mastering work and sound design, orchestration and synth arrangements.I have good sounding 150m2 room for recording and I am currently recording full bands too. I also re-amp guitar and bass tracks.
Q: What's your 'promise' to your clients?
A: My goal is to get them a finished product that they love and was in line with their expectations. I am willing to work hard to make my clients satisfied and happy.
Q: If you were on a desert island and could take just 5 pieces of gear, what would they be?
A: Computer, microphone, modular synth, mixing desk and Aura-audio speakers. I hope its not too small island that I can fit all those :)
Q: Which artist would you like to work with and why?
A: Trent Reznor, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer, Brian Eno and many many more.I like to work with all my clients and we usually have good time while making music.
Q: Can you share one music production tip?
A: Never stop learning, it keeps work interesting and fresh sounding. Listen many different genres of music and music from different eras.
Q: What other musicians or music production professionals inspire you?
A: I listen a lot of different genres and I like all music that has its own sound and is original and inspiring with real emotions.
Q: What do you bring to a song?
A: Creativity, original sounding ideas and long experience working with different genres.
Q: What's your typical work process?
A: It starts with conversation with client in order to understand what is artists end goal and expectations and learn more about project. I can usually quite fast get an idea what production needs and give simple step by step guide of process. All of the terms will be discussed in the beginning so there are no surprises and we both can concentrate on making music.